Welcome to the debut of Dear ELK Studio! I’m really excited about starting a “sister” blog to ELK Studio – Handcrafted Crochet Designs. Why start another one?
Dear ELK Studio is more for the crocheter that wants access to the latest techniques, tips and crochet information. You will get daily questions asked and answered on the Dear ELK Studio Facebook page along with a weekly blog post compiling all the questions so they won’t get lost in the Facebook news feed abyss.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Dear ELK Studio newsletter! It’s different from the sister blog’s newsletter! Click HERE to subscribe!
Here are some of the other exciting features:
- Crochet Community Photos and Finds – A blog post filled with the latest patterns by some really great designers! (If you are a designer and would like a chance to be featured, send me an email at email@example.com
- Crochet Community Sales – Many of my designers friends have specials on promoting a paid pattern for free or just a sale on a newly listed pattern! You can check it out here to see what’s going on in the crochet community! I’ll try to keep it up-to-date. Designers can also contact me for consideration of promoting their sale by sending me an email.
- Charity Showcase – You know I have a heart and passion for charity work. I personally feel that if I can crochet a hat and give it to someone in need, I should. I want to take a moment each month and highlight some of the great and “safe” organizations that you can donate too when you have the time.
- Dear ELK Studio Q&A – Receive a weekly post on the questions you’ve asked via email or on the Facebook page. I’ll try to discover those answers that always seem to be difficult to find or maybe you are new and just need help!
- Crochet Techniques – Receive a weekly blog post on me featuring a different crochet stitch or maybe even a tip. Sometimes I may feature my project to show you what the stitch looks like or will do a photo tutorial. When possible, I’ll link to you some of the best crochet video tutorials in the crochet community!
I also plan on doing a monthly “Yarn Discovery” on my sister blog, ELK Studio – Handcrafted Crochet Designs, discussing a new yarn that either I’ve never used or maybe one that you didn’t know about! Eventually Yarn Discovery will move its way over here but for now it will start on the sister blog! Be on the look out for this one! It will be a blast!
I’ve got a few other small things planned but what do you think so far? Is there a specific feature or something that you’d like to see either weekly or monthly from me? I’m always open for suggestions because after all, this blog is for all of us to share the crochet love and learn a little something along the way!